Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saying Goodbye to Diana and Leo and Khao Yai

The night before Diana and Leo left we went to the Bayok Tower, the tallest building in Thailand to have a few drinks and say our goodbyes. I had never had the chance to realize my fear of being in an elevator, or maybe it was claustrophobia? Whatever anxiety it was I had not known I had it until this night. Although slight, upon reaching the 70th floor in an elevator my heart was pounding pretty hard. Thankfully it didn't take too much longer to reach the 83rd floor, where the bar was. The view was amazing and totally worth experiencing my new phobia. I always thought Danielle was weird for her phobias, but the longer I live in Thailand, the more I seem to acquire. Fun!


The next day Joanne, Craig and I went to see them off at their fancy hotel by the river. In true Diana and Leo fashion, they weren't packed and had to leave in an hour, and Leo was making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches from the buffet for the plane ride.








Khao Yai















Mark




Cat and Derek

Last night THIS was in our bathroom.

1 comment:

Danni and Tommy said...

I made it onto your blog! SO flattered...and I do not fear elevators and now I think you're strange. Get a cool phobia already.

Truthfully, just thinking about an 82 floor elevator is making me feel a tad sweaty. But, I'd smile stupidly all the way up and no one would know how I was feeling until I passed out. That's the cool way to do it. But, then again, I've found that people do get irritated with you when you pass out unannounced...Not a perfect science. Advice to the novice phobian, nonphobians will never understand, so when your vision and hearing start going in and out just pretend? like you are too drunk to stand and sit down.

BTW, talked with Andy on Skype. He thinks that you should come home and hang out at Chuck's Place or Bodega with me until the State of Emergency is over...and FYI, Andy is not very good at being my message middle man. Just not a personal strength. So, HI KAREN!

Miss you,
D