I just caught Ciaran eating the two goldfish crackers I had dropped on the floor and placed in Penny's bowl. After making him spit all the tiny pieces out into my hand, I felt obligated to give him some that hadn't been in the dog's food. Of course it was lunch time and I was making him a sandwich (the reason I missed him fishing in the first place) which he refused, and demanded "cookies." Although not the best lunch option, the bright side is that he thinks goldfish are "cookies."
In other news, it is impossible to get change for 1000baht. Who knew the equivalent of $30USD could be treated like a $1000 US dollar bill? We just got our gas tank changed which cost 300baht. Of course the worker didn't have change for my 1000. Of course. What did I think, he was working for a BUSINESS?! These every day little things make life just a little annoying. And Andy's. I called him at work because I didn't have any good ideas of what to do and the man was just standing waiting for me to magically come up with 300baht (not in 1000baht bill form). Andy told me to call our landlord. Our landlord didn't answer. Andy asked if any of our neighbors were around. All I saw were two maids. Obviously THEY wouldn't have change if this man, working for a company, didn't. So, Andy had his coworker talk to the service man who decided he would drive his motorcycle, strapped with tanks, to get me change and then return. Upon seeing this, Maidy (remember her?) tells me SHE has change. After I literally took every last coin from her change purse the man was paid and he was on his way.
Meanwhile an 18 month old was yelling at me from inside for more cookies.
1 comment:
Maidy saved the day!
Moom
Post a Comment