Tuesday, March 4, 2008

To serve or not to serve

This is my question. Today is Cultural Day at TCIS. My kids brought food and drink. Ami "i" didn't think I was looking and opened the container of rice she brought, stuck her hand in and grabbed some. Ami "i" has been absent 45 days this year, is always deathly ill, and picks her nose daily. Would you serve the rice to the rest of the class? Oh, and I am on a one person mission to get the Thai and Chinese students AND Thai and Chinese teachers to wash their hands after using the toilet. I have yet, after 6 months of being here, to see a single student or teacher wash their hands after using the restroom. I ask you again, would you serve it to the rest of the class????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, serve it - if everyone is gross than no one is gross, right? Isn't it only considered dirty if it's dirtier that normal? And since boogers are less gross (IMHO) than bathroom stuff, I'd say it's fine to serve (but not, I'm sure, to eat yourself!).

We have head lice here in your old room. Joy.

Danni and Tommy said...

Serve!

I'm sorry. I should know. But, I've been a little preoccupied. Now I'm ready to pay attention. When are you coming home? Tell me now. Thank you.

McEntee Madness said...

Just so you know, I served.