Thursday, November 20, 2008

"What Does A Girl Have To Do To Get A Shish-Kebab?"

Last night I danced for the second time at Nomad (the NEW happiest place on Earth). I LOVE LOVE LOVE the French owners who hand me a glass of wine upon arrival. Andy met me there and got the same treatment. After my last set (and many glasses of free wine later) we were seated inside the restaurant at a romantic table for two, brought more wine, and were handed the menu and told the specials. I haven't been to France yet, but I think I like it there. We ordered the specials and split them. The food was gorgeous (I'm turning more Irish than Thai). With full bellies we said our goodbyes (feeling a little awkward about not paying for anything, but very pleased at the same time) and I was immediately paid for my dancing. On the way home Andy and I were talking about how we just ate and drank more than I made, which turned into a conversation of the pros and cons of dancing at home. Then we discussed how stressful it was at home and how I danced for a restaurant AND was their son's teacher and they couldn't even give me a meal. Which was when Andy said, "What does a girl have to do to get a shish-kebab?"

Move to Thailand and dance at Nomad, the happiest place on Earth.
http://www.nomadbangkok.com/

They took pictures and video of me for their website...I'll let you know if I make on to the site :)

No comments: