Monday, April 20, 2009

Teaching Dance Classes is Better, Right?

I just found out Jillina and the Sahlala Dancers (the company I used to dance with in LA) are coming to Malaysia for a week long festival of workshops and performances by the big names. Already planning that trip for the end of August! The funny part is that they are holding a contest where you have to learn Jillina's choreography and submit your own and then be available to rehearse for 7 hours a day for two weeks to win the prize (drum roll please) dance with Sahlala at a gala dinner. Yes, people all over the world will enter this competition for the chance to dance ONCE with Sahlala, the company I used to be a part of. So basically, I used to be famous. And now, I teach classes. Nevertheless, I am very proud and grateful that I was a part of it. But I'm feeling rather past my prime. Enjoy the new demo video below. I'm not in it, but my friends are...

"Award Winning International Dance Company Jillina's Sahlala Dancers consist of some of the top dancers in the Belly Dance field as well as specialists in other dance styles. Creating one of the most exciting & unique shows around."

2 comments:

Danni and Tommy said...

You can always COME HOME. I miss you.

Nicole said...

But remember how you never saw me when I lived with you? I think it would be same same.