Danielle, in your professional opinion, what causes eye twitching? My left eye started it, but then my right eye wanted to join in. Now both eyes have been twitching for a week. A lot of winking going on, not blinking. They haven't quite got their routine down yet. Left eye (not the late member of TLC who so eloquently wrote and sang Waterfalls, but my actual Left Eye) is very energetic and sometimes doesn't even take a rest.
Andy and I were watching the show "My Name is Earl" and he had a similar problem with eye twitching but he only had one active eye. Earl says it was due to stress. I think it is lack of sleep(maybe a little stress), but since I cannot get any more sleep due to there not being enough hours in a day, I'm hoping sleep is not a factor. I just want it to stop and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
2 comments:
Oh, good! Finally an area of expertise! I AM an eye twitch scientist. My eye twitched for well over a month and here's what I found helpful: 1. drink alcohol- it relaxes the muscles, good for the nerves, it all round just makes good sense 2. Don't work too much (e.g. put as little effort as possible into report cards. Let's face it, most of us are mediocre in most areas, no one contests a strong B). Now for things I tried that don't work 1. holding your more enthusiastic eyelid open with your finger for about 17 hours a day 2. massaging your eye (feeling the twitch during the massage takes away any relaxation) 3. Important note: Don't scream at the eye, yell at the eye, or curse the eye (my scientific data suggests this type of behavior just aggravates it). Good luck! Doesn't it seem like at some point the eyelid would get tired?
This 'danni and tommy' is either a brilliant scientist ... or a comical genius.
Post a Comment