Thursday, December 6, 2007

Our Weekend Plans

As everyone else heads out of town for this much needed three day weekend, Andy and I are planning on enjoying Bangkok. I was hoping that we wouldn't have any plans and be able to just relax, but it being the City of Angeles (yes, that's what it means) we already seem to have a full schedule. We thought we would head on down to Khao San Road for some dinner and acoustic entertainment. Going there makes us feel like we are on vacation because everyone around us is backpacking. But then we get excited that we live here and don't have to leave after vacation is over. But then, after that, we realize we aren't on vacation, we live here, and have to work. Nevertheless, the first two stages of Khao San are simply delightful! Tomorrow we are headed to the happiest place on Earth, Jatujak! Even though it is crowded and you get hot and sweaty, it really is as close to heaven as you can get. Then, on Sunday, in recognition of my dad's birthday, we are headed to the Bangkok Jazz Festival. It is a weekend long event and should be pretty big. Jazz seems to be a pretty happenin' scene here. Thailand holds many Jazz festivals and has a few jazz clubs. We have Monday off and I was just asked to get my picture taken and interviewed for a magazine. It is a new magazine called "shopaholic" and I guess they are going to sell it at the studio. I don't know much, but it is exciting nonetheless. I want to be very happy about this before I go there on Monday, get no picture, and find out it is a black and white newsletter that they are mailing out to a hundred people. Let me bask in the idea that I am going to be in published magazine that people will pay for! It can't be long until unorganized "sabai sabai", "same same" Thailand bursts my bubble.
On a separate note, I finally went to a Jazzercise class. Stacey has been telling me for years that I would love it and my gym was offering a class at a time I could actually attend. I did love it! Although, it was much more dance calss-esque than I had imagined. This leads me to believe it may not actually be a certified jazzercise class. If everything else is imitation name brands, why wouldn't this class be? Like my Coach, Chanel, and Gucci purses, I have no previous experiences to base its authenticity. Sabai Sabai. Same Same

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you had to live in another country to finally try jazzercise!! I know they have classes worldwide, but who knows if the one you went to was legit. I'm excited anyway. I'm already planning our future trips to "Jazzerjam" conventions.