Sunday, December 2, 2007

Long Live The King!

The King's birthday is on Wednesday so we get that day off! Whoo hoo! I don't think I mentioned before that on Mondays everyone in Thailand wears a yellow shirt to show respect for the King. The reason being, each day of the week has a color. The King was born on a Monday, so his color is yellow. The Queen was born on a Thursday, so her color is Blue. So on Mondays you will see all of Thailand wearing yellow shirts. HOWEVER, recently the King was ill and in the hospital and they found out that he was really born on a Tuesday. Tuesday's color is pink. So all this time people have been wearing yellow when they should have been wearing pink. The King is 80 something years old, became King when he was 19, and no one figured this out until now? So now Thais are just like, oh well, wear yellow or pink, whatever. Again, it still stands: Thailand is SO unorganized!

Andy and I had our first hospital visit to get his ankle checked out. Everything is normal, he may need physical therapy to build up more muscles so it doesn't just sprain everyday. The hospital is awesome! The health care here is amazing. We were in and out in no time, the hospital is like a mall, and the pharmacy is where you pay. You can go to the dentist and get your broken arm fixed all in one place. If you are lucky enough to stay overnight in a hospital you get to see pictures of your room and upgrade, just like a hotel. I can't wait to get really sick!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, King! I saw you all over the news! Does anyone even know when Bush's birthday is?