Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Positive Positive Positive

Just thought I should share the positive too. I feel lucky to be here and experiencing all this, and it could always be worse. I decided to focus on the positive and try to stray from my compulsive negativity toward my job. It is only a part of my life here and everything else is so great, why waste negative energy on it?

Here are a few emails that I side with:

I apologize for one more mass e-mail. I wanted to address this during a staff association meeting but I do not want to wait until January.

I’ve said this over a hundred times and I still believe it as much today as the first time I said it- my top two reasons for working at TCIS are the students and the wonderful people I work with. And I think most of you feel the same way. If so, keep this in mind over the holiday break.



And though our school is not perfect and is experiencing some problems at this moment, try to keep the positives in perspective. We’re living in this beautiful country. Our neighbors and co-workers are the friendliest, nicest people you could ever hope to meet. We have the opportunity and means to travel and see parts of the world most westerners never see firsthand. (And don’t get me started on the food, the beaches, the weather, and the cost of living.) We have students that are polite and respectful and whose parents really appreciate our hard work. And to top it off, we work with a fun-loving bunch of dedicated professionals who are willing to help one another out at anytime.



In short, I just want to say that you are all a great group to work with. And once semester exams, grades, and all other stress inducing factors are behind you, I hope you can take a moment out of your holiday travels and reflect on what’s good in your world. Have a great holiday, recharge your batteries, stay safe and healthy, and come back in 2008 ready and prepared to meet the challenges of another semester. Safe journey everyone.- Joe




Joe (also apologies to the staff for another mass email),
My sentiments exactly. I feel so lucky to be living and working in a place like Thailand with such wonderful people. And, the craziest thing of all, after vacations I actually feel ready and want to come back to see my students again! J



I am really grateful to all of you for making this past year and a half some of the best teaching moments in my life.



I understand there are problems at the school right now that I hope are quickly solved. But, most of all, I think of the positive aspects of this place… it really is awesome!



Thanks Joe and TCIS!

Mike

Well said Joe! I totally agree—the students and staff here are amazing people and we are living charmed lives. We have so much to be thankful for and to feel positively about, it would be a shame if we were to forget how lucky we really are.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday!

Peace on Earth, starting at TCIS!

Scott

No comments: