Monday, May 5, 2008

Life is Like a Thai Massage

you NEVER know what you're gonna get. After falling down my stairs and being internally injured for days (I didn't blog that fall because it happened the morning of falling in Yoga and blogging about two falls happening in the same day is just painful) I decided that a Thai massage was probably a good idea on my last day of vacation. Boy was I wrong. You roll the dice and sometimes it's nice. Other times, like today, you want to punch the little Thai woman hard in the face for causing you so much pain and inner turmoil. I couldn't stop thinking, "I can not BELEIVE I am paying for this!" I thought about walking out, and now, an hour later when I can no longer walk, I'm wishing I would have. We, the little Thai lady and I, were in positions that professional wrestlers would never even consider. She pressed, pushed, and pulled every part of me and now my body is aching in pain. In what universe do people find this "relaxing?" The thing about Thai massages is you have no idea what tricks they will pull. You take your chances and about every third time they are somewhat enjoyable. Today, was by far, the worst experience to date. The pain of falling down my stairs is nothing compared to the pain a 75 pound Thai women just inflicted on me. Make sure you try one when you come!

21 comments:

susan said...

I may skip that adventure! Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get. (Unless you worked at See's) (Inside joke)
Love,
Mom

Danni and Tommy said...

I think it's insensitive to talk about this in front of Tommy.

Nicole said...

555!* I forgot about all that Tommy has been through!

* the number 5 is pronounced "ha" in Thai.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but I will no longer be reading this blog. It's nothing personal, just brings back painful, burning, itchy and humiliating memories.

Danni and Tommy said...

I don't blame you Tommy. At this point I'm not sure what other choice you have.
Nic, I just can't quit you (is that from a movie??? sounds familiar, but since I was absent for pop culture day, I obviously don't know).

Danni and Tommy said...

Why do you call everyone but ME? Is it because I'm Google chat challenged? Mom and Dad have limited their discussions to their love of a mop for the last 3 days (NJK) and yet you still call them. I can come up with something more intriguing than discussing microfibers...if I try...really hard. Ok, maybe I can't (Mom and Dad also have demonstrations, which are hard to beat, but you're in Thailand, so hopefully explaining demonstrations won't give them an edge). Just telling you that I deserve some sugar over here.

Danni and Tommy said...

BTW, Gina is ignoring me too. She SAYS she has two kids...but no mop.

susan said...

Dad and I bought this great mop and microfiber cloths. Did i tell you? All we do is clean the house. It is so easy to do now. Who would have known?

Danni and Tommy said...

Someone small and cute sent me very delicious morsels to enjoy! Very fun surprise. Thank you! Thank you! XOXO!
BTW, I shaved my head. Almost.

Danni and Tommy said...

I miss Thailand.

Danni and Tommy said...

look what we got!

http://www.costsaving2u.com/images/Megastation%20private%20island.jpg

McEntee Madness said...

OMG! I'm SOOOOO jealous!

Heather said...

ooooooooooh yay the megastation has arrived! you will have to plan your next visit home around perfect pool season.

(btw, I cant quit you is from brokeback mountain. poor Heath.)

Danni and Tommy said...

Thank you Heather. That was driving me bonkers. Well, it was either that or Brett Micheal not finding true love...again. Regardless, I'm grateful.

susan said...

A big raft? So what! If you really want to have fun, get this! http://www.usjesco.com/microfiber.asp
Love,
Mom

susan said...

Bret Michaels

Danni and Tommy said...

Thank you mom. I don't know him like you know him...But, I do know I want to start watching his show. I saw a preview for it about 6 months ago and ever since I just can't think about anything else. Just thought you should know...if I seem distracted, that's why.

susan said...

Is this our family wall?

Nicole said...

Mom and I watched the Brett Michaels marathon from beginning to end. It is television at its finest.

Danni and Tommy said...

Bret Michaels

susan said...

You are correct, Danielle. I have invested a good portion of my life to Bret. Nicole confirmed this.