Monday, September 1, 2008
We Are Safe!
I know Bangkok is getting a lot of attention in the news but we are hardly seeing any of the effect here. I was sent home early from work once last week, and my school is monitoring to see if we need to close (so far no other International Schools have closed). Andy's coworker said there is a curfew tonight, no one is to be out past ten and that we are not allowed to be in groups of five or more on the streets. The Prime Minister has called a state of emergency. Again, we are fine and haven't witnessed anything. People have been emailing us so I just wanted to let you know that we are safe and can't even tell anything is going on. We are staying far away from the protests and everything feels normal. It should be over soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just read about this! We just got home from Arizona. Glad you and Andy are safe.
Take good care.
Love you both.
Mom
Post a Comment