Seriously, I do. I haven't met a Korean I don't like. Obviously not the ones who are trying to destroy the world, but like I said, that I've met. Andy loves Koreans too (besides having to sing Karaoke with them now and again).
I had to share this writing sample. This student is so brilliant and creative and just cracks me up all the time. Keep in mind that this is an ESL student who is Quadrilingual (is that what it is called?)and he is using humor in this writing assignment. The assignment was to write a personal narrative about a time you learned something about yourself.
Worst Player
I really wanted to play basketball until the day when I found out that I was the worst player. I was going to the first basketball meeting. I was really excited to start playing basketball. When I arrived at the fifth floor gym, I started to throw balls to the net very excited. I couldn't believe that not even one ball went in to the high basketball net. I started to get disappointed but I thought practice was going to make me better. Then our coach came.
When he arrived we started to talk about the meeting. Then he went over simple rules of basketball. After getting over the rules, we started to practice shooting the balls. When we first started, I had the hope that I will become better, but as time pass I started to realize that I was hopeless. Again, not even one ball went through the red, darkish green net. After a few more meetings I was absolutely sure that I was never going to become better. I learned that I should never include sports in my future or present lie. That's why I quit basketball team.
No comments:
Post a Comment