Saturday, March 7, 2009
BATS
They are in full effect in the early morning and at night. Andy says I have become much more tolerant of them. I don't even flinch when they swarm at my head. He on the other hand ducks and lets out a scream. He has never had to deal with them the way I do. Apparently tolerance is built with bats, but definitely NOT with roaches. I used to walk to get a motoercy (that's what we call them here in Bangkok) to get to the bus and all along the way bats swooped at my head. Everyday. On a daily basis. Bats. Swooping at my head. Now they don't bother me. Because they aren't out and about at all times in the year (unlike roaches) they are special. And I like bats. Yes, when they skim my head it isn't nice (because it is reminiscent of birds, and I am terrified of birds) but I like to think about their special needs (lack of sight) and I forgive their need for closeness. Now that the bats are here I'm awaiting the frogs that sleep in my garden and frantically hop out of the way when I leave for work. They scare me too, but like the bats, I miss them when they are not tormenting me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm braver than Dad too!
;-)
It being International Women's Day, I have to say Women are braver than men in general. Maybe not when it comes to roaches though.
Post a Comment