The worst happened. Penny escaped. We got an email from our landlord saying that Penny got out, the guards caught her and put her back inside. No other details. So when I got home she was excited to see me, as always, but I gave her a disapproving look and she narrowed her eyes, blinked a lot, and looked down. Then I asked her if she was a (I hate doing this) "bad girl" today and she lost it with guilt.
We had many questions about what exactly happened. Had Maidy let her out? How long was she out for? Did she bite the guard when he returned her to the house? As we waited for our landlord to get back to us, pieces started to come together. She was dirty. I mean really dirty. I just gave her a bath and she was now a dirty, wet, smelly Doodle. She also had multiple long reeds we had to pull out of her. I was starting to think this was not a quick run through the village.
Finally our landlord got back to us and told us that she had not bitten the guard. Phew!
This morning Maidy showed Andy where she got out. There was a large hole she squeezed through. Then she proceeded to tell him about her adventures. Remember, she only speaks Thai. Only Maidy and Pen will ever know the true adventures Penelope had.
Today we are building a fence.
1 comment:
Oh Nooooo! I'm glad that she and no-one else was injured.
Love you
xoxo
Post a Comment