Yes, that is exactly how I would describe this post. After work I went to Tesco and bought groceries to make dinner (Veggie chili and cornbread mmmm!). When I got home I realized I didn't have eggs. Going back to Tesco was not an option as it sucks the life out of you each time you're there and going twice in a matter of minutes sounded unreasonable. So I called Andy who had not yet left from work to see if he could stop on the way. Since the cornbread takes an hour to bake, I didn't think we should wait so long to start it..so off I went to a nearby 7-11 in hopes of eggs. One short motorcy ride later I discovered 7-11 doesn't sell eggs. Saddened, I hopped on another motorcy and told him, "Bai Tesco Kha." Then I spotted it! A little tiny shop. I told the motorcy to "Jat!" and then signed for him to wait because after two years I still don't speak Thai. I ran into the shop (and this is the beginning of the proud part) and asked for eggs, in Thai*. And she understood!!!!! Then she put them in a plastic bag (no carton) and I hopped back on the motorcy (who waited!) and got all the way home over bumps and rattles with out breaking a single egg! (That's the ending to the proud part.)
*It should be noted that chicken and egg are super similar in Thai (at least to Farang) and are Kai and Gai.
No comments:
Post a Comment