Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Koh Tao

We took an overnight bus ride to get to our fist and favorite destination Koh Tao! The bus ride was long and hard and the choices of toilets were less than ideal. Way less than ideal. Nicole had an allergic reaction to the first toilet on the bus and then at the bus stop half way there had to sniff on a strawberry Fanta to stop from puking.
They immediately decided they would take a plane back.
Once there the island was beautiful and there were not too many people there.

We stayed in a cute little bungalow by the beach in a beautiful garden.
Nicole may have glanced at a few puppies which in turn became our guard dogs and puppy friends that followed us everywhere and slept on our porch, barking at passersby.



We lounged on beanbags by the beach and drank a bucket or two.

All over there were perfect holes made in the sand to hold candles.

A cute puppy played in the waves for a very long time hunting fish as we watched and Nicole missed her little Penny.
We went on the best snorkeling trip of our lives and got to see the whole islnad.

and visited Ko Nang Yuan, perhaps the most beautiful place on Earth.





We were excited to discover new islands but truly loved Koh Tao.

4 comments:

Danni and Tommy said...

Allergic reactions to toilets are exciting. I had an allergic reation to Jayde's cat. Luckily I received oxygen at the ranger's station in Crater Lake. I couldn't talk. Gratefully, mom was there to talk for me. I did notice that she didn't say everything exactly as I would have. The whole time I was whispering "Nicole would know how to take care of me." Mom said I was useless in the situation and just stood there "smiling and dying." Do you still enjoy Fanta? I am currently in Ashland, OR. Shakespeare is a big deal here. Didn't Guatemala teach you anything about bus rides?

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place! I'm so glad you are doing some scouting out for us! Good to see you are enjoying yourselves after the hectic time getting ready to go. Amy and Scott get back tomorrow so I'll have them set up Skype - I need to hear your voices soon!

Love, mom

Danni and Tommy said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures! I love them and you! I'm also very fond of your new puppy friends. You really do make friends with all the puppies in all the lands...

susan said...

Paradise! Great pics. You guys are funny ones! Love you!!!