


We made it!!!
This morning for breakfast Nicole had an omlette that was cooked in syrup...delicious! We also got a huge bag of mangosteens for 50 cents, they are SO yummy and supposedly the healthiest thing on Earth. We figured out how to post a blog in Thai and we are very proud of ourselves; all the kids around us playing computer games at the internet cafe think we are very funny. No English here! And we don't even know how to say Thank you yet, we aren't very good Americans, just trying to fit in I guess.
We walked down a street with food vendors and Nicole was very sad she had a syrup omlette for 5.00 instead of the best smelling and looking food she has ever seen for 10 cents. Guy is picking us up in an hour and we will stay with him for a few days and then head to a teacher friend's home.
We tried to call home this morning but the phone cards are in Thai and the telephones are in Thai so it is difficult. Andy's computer broke right on que in Tokyo so we're not sure if we will have internet for a while, a new computer wasn't exactly in the budget (we like to pretend we made one to make us feel better).
We are well and hot.
Hugs!
Nicole and Andy
4 comments:
It's so good to hear you made it! Sounds like your adventure is off to a good start, except for the computer. Better have Tomas send off another one right away!
I checked on our shots this morning - ouch! Sounds like we need quite a few - at the cost of almost the trip! But it will be worth it and we are already anxious to come and see you.
Hope Penny made the trip successfully. I'm sure she's the one most happy to be back on the ground!
Love, Mom (Karen)
So happy to hear you made it! I am very jealous of the street vendor food. Love you!
So happy to hear you made it! I can't wait to read about all of your adventures. Love you!
You're doing good! I enjoy reading your posts...Danielle and I are leaving on our road trip adventure in a few hours...I can't believe we dropped you off at the airport! What was I thinking? :-) Love you guys!
Post a Comment