and I couldn't be happier. He got in around 2:30am and I made him promise never to leave for that long again. I had to kill and then discard a cockroach all by myself. Had he been gone for just a couple days I might have considered leaving it there. You may not see killing and then discarding a cockroach that big of a deal, but the way I do it is a multi-step long process.
Here were the steps (I realize not quite efficient, but I'm new at this so...)
1) Spot the cockroach in the sink
2) Scream jump around like it's on me
3) Think about either letting it go back where it came from or killing it.
4) Grab a spray that has a picture of a dead roach on it and spray at it like a mad woman.
5) Run away from the fumes and then actually read what the can is.
6) Find that the can says to close all windows, spray into the air, in the center of the room, for 15 seconds, evacuate, then return later to open all the windows to let the room ventilate.
7) Run upstairs to escape the 5 second fumes I created, decide that closing my bedroom door is like evacuating.
8) Go to sleep
9) Wake up, creep to the sink, see that the roach is in fact dead.
10) Squirm and scream
11) Decide two paper bags should work to scoop it up and throw it away
12) Scoop it with one bag into the other (while squirming and screaming)
13) Thoroughly re-wash all the dishes that were clean in the strainer but are now covered with poison.
14) Remind myself to never allow Andy to leave for 7 days.
Andy's method
1) Pound a shoe on it
2) Pick it up with a paper towel and throw it away.
5 comments:
Strong methodology.
I still laugh out loud remembering hearing Tommy and you kill a small insect. I should have warned you...
Seeing it was even funnier.
What about the screaming and dancing you did around me while I had a roach on my shoulder, last summer in Thailand? A kind Thai gentleman had to save me. You were an incoherent lunatic.
I still love you.
Mom
Sounds like me on a Tuesday. Incoherent lunatic. I like that.
You should have seen that Danielle. We had an audience. We made people very happy.
Post a Comment