Friday, January 23, 2009

I'm a lucky Auntie

My sister Gina shared these "Darriganisms" with me. Conversations with a three year old, my nephew Darrigan:


"this is a wedding ring" (referring to a ring he was wearing that came on a cupcake from school)
"oh, are you married?"
"No!?" said with certainty and confusion at my ignorance "it's only for wearing at weddings"


Darrigan: Auntie, according to the map the Manatees are right here.
Danielle: Darrigan, what is a Manatee? (Really, since when do 3-year-olds know about maps and Manatees? I needed more information).
Darrigan: Well, Auntie, a Manatee is a sea animal that's kind of like (he pauses, looks up and brushes his hair out of his face in thought)...a walrus.
Danielle: Yes, Darrigan. I think you are right.
Mom (Gina): "did you teach Saoirse how to use crayons?'
Darrigan: "yes"
Mom: "You're a good teacher"
Darrigan: "I'm NOT a teacher?"
"I like to make people feel better when they have an owie, so I'm kind of like a doctor...
I am kind of like a doctor"
Long pause...
"And I do teach Saoirse lots of things, so I'm like a teacher,
but I'm really like a doctor"

AND
"war is a bad emergency"

No comments: