Thursday, November 1, 2007

I'm a bad blogger

I know I know!
When I went to blog half of our pictures from our vacation were missing from our camera! So I am waiting until I can use Andy's laptop because he has his brother's pictures saved. The next post will have lots of pics to share!
We had a fabulous week starting in Chiang Mai (The north of Thailand) which was beautiful and so QUIET compared to Bangkok; the loudest place on Earth. Then we headed to Phuket and stayed at two amazing resorts. Although it rained EVERY day, we didn't let that stop us. In true James Bond Style, we took a boat to "James Bond Island" (named because a movie before my time was taped there) and did some extreme kayaking through some bat caves. Yes, extreme, we kayaked (or rather had a guide kayak us) through a monsoon. One kayak (with a guide) tipped over in the pitch black cave and lost an oar. Thankfully, this was not our kayak. However, Andy and I were involved in the rescue procedures. Our kayak guide pulled them in behind us and everyone was okay.
This part of Phuket was AMAZING(*Thailand) and looked just like the pictures in the travel books. The water was a sparkling emerald green I had never seen before. I can't imagine what it must look like when the sun is shining! Breathtaking I'm sure.
Next post I promise to have pictures, a story about elephants swimming in the river with us on their backs, and lady boys galore!

* Everyone in our party (and now I have taken to it) keeps using the word "amazing" and it is funny because Thailand's theme is "Amazing Thailand." It is the catch phrase for the country, on shirts, signs, etc. So whenever I, or anyone else says "amazing" to describe something I like to parrot "Amazing Thailand" in a drawn out mocking voice. For example: A street packed with lady boys (that is the official name for them here, I am not being discriminatory)dancing on tables and poles, hollering at you and flashing you with their boobs...actual boobies! The real deal! That is when someone says "amazing" and I follow with "aaaaamaaaazing Thailand"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!! It's good to hear from you! I can't wait to see the AMAZING pics!