Monday, January 28, 2008
It's been a long time...
but I don't have much to say! Nothing is new and it is sad! Instead of having to wear black, grey, or white for 15 days "they" changed it to 100 for foreigners. I was so proud of myself for doing the 15! Anyway, I have decided not to discriminate against color. I don't think Thais are even wearing it anymore. Also in the news this morning, bird flu broke out (again) in Northern Thailand. I'm not very worried about this because A) I don't eat chicken, B) It cannot be spread from person to person. So if Andy gets it I'm good. I'm KIDDING! He is eating my 100% raw dinners too! Yes, that's right, I have been mostly raw for a while now. At first I went 9 days being 100% and then I think I broke it with a caramel (ok, a bag of caramels). Anyway, I am trying to be healthier and I am once again 100% raw for at least 3 weeks because...Next week I am going to this world renown spa in Samui for a cleanse. Andy has to work so I thought it would be a good time to detox, do yoga, lay on the beach or by a pool, exercise, watch movies, and fast. My friend Natalie will be going too and my friend Monica is not going to the spa, but eating raw and drinking liver flushing drinks. We should eat 100% raw for a week before and a week after. Since I am an old pro at this (thanks mom) I have been helping them with recipes so they don't go crazy eating salads all day everyday. There is an EXCELLENT website called www.goneraw.com. It has lots of recipes and discussion blogs. Last night I made Pesto stuffed Portobello mushrooms with tomato and red pepper and a broccoli salad. The broccoli salad is like the original version, with raisins, onions, and sunflower seeds and that creamy white sauce that coats it. Do you know that salad? Anyway, it is SO good I recommend making it for a potluck or dinner soon. The white "cream" is cashew nuts blended with some apple cider vinegar (which I found it at Villa!). I should just put the recipe on here. Anyway, if you want the recipe I will send it to you or you can search on www.goneraw.com I had left overs so I brought them for the girls for lunch today. It's not very hard to eat raw when you find such yummy recipes, however, I am STILL on a hunt for a dehydrator because that would increase my recipe collection at least 1000 times what it is now. I know it exists here because TESCO sells dried fruit that is not packaged. Did you know the first TESCO is opening in the US in California? I think in Hemit. Anyway, I told you I didn't have anything to write about so I had to babble about broccoli salad. When I get back I will have pictures to share and hopefully be renewed and cleansed! I am dancing next weekend at DREAM hotel www.dreambkk.com and teaching and performing in the Bangkok International Dance Festival. In March I am going to a 4 day teaching conference in Kuala Lumpur and am very excited to get trained by Marcy Cook!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hi nicole,
thanks for commenting on my blog. working in thailand is one of my choices but who knows if i'll be so lucky! i realized i came to your blog via your sister's (brother's?) since i had started an ethiopian adoption--which is now on hold like you may have read. hope you don't mind that i have you as a link on my blog. if i find people blogging about the cities i am considering, i add them to learn more, especially if they are teachers. speaking of which, have you (or andy) heard any good things about ISB or NIST? they will be at the job fair.
anyway, thanks for all the intersting tidbits about thailand on your blog. i'm still trying to understand the thing with wearing certain colors...
good luck with going raw. that seems sooo hard but there is a veggie restaurant around the corner of my house that just hired a raw chef and i have tasted a couple of things. some were very good. i think i had that brocolli thing you were talking about. maybe i'll get some for lunch.
ok, well nice 'meeting' you~cyberly. the internet is so strange and amazing sometimes.
bye!
laura
Post a Comment