Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Karen and Chris We Got Your Package!

Thank you Thank you! We LOOOOVE the sheets! The book is perfect, and sadly seems to be way more beneficial for Andy at the moment. He is working SO hard. I don't even get to see him anymore! The bath salts smell lovely...is that really what held it up in customs? Weird.
I had my first (for the second time) dance class last night. It was the first class of a 12 week workshop I am teaching. I was much more prepared this time and much more excited to start as well. I made a syllabus and each week at the start we will be discussing a different topic about Middle Eastern Dance. I had around 13-15 people show up! It was so crowded! Everyone stayed after to talk to me and I got lots of compliments so I hope people will continue to show. It was a lot of fun and I was told that the hour and a half flew by! Yeah! I will also dance with women from another studio at Dream Hotel in Bangkok next month. I have started to take dance classes at least 3 times a week. I LOVE it. I even took ballet, something I said I would never do, and really liked it! We'll see how long I can keep it up, I get home pretty late. Anyway, life seems easier now that I feel like I live here. I feel lucky to live in a city where I can take dance classes (for cheaper) and am trying to take advantage of that. Oh, and I am getting paid for that Nutcracker performance (or so they keep telling me). I'm dancing and happy!

Bellydancing with Nicoliana
Wednesdays 7:30-9:00 P.M.
Discussion Topics
Week 1/ Jan. 16: History of Bellydance
Week 2/ Jan. 23: Styles of Bellydance
Week 3/ Jan. 30: Men in Bellydance
Week 4/ Feb. 13: Instruments
Week 5/ Feb. 20: Veil Dancing (bring a veil or 3 yards of chiffon or light weight silk)
Week 6/ Feb. 26: Spanish-Arabic fusion (bring a fan and wear a full ankle length skirt)
Week 7/ March 5: Egyptian Cane Dance
Week 8/ March 12: Sword Dance
Week 9/ March 19: Intro to Tribal and Intro to Turkish (wear full ankle length skirt)
Week 10/ March 26: Khaliji
Week 11/ April 2: Rhythms
Week 12/ April 9: Drum Solos, order of a typical performance

No comments: