Monday, January 7, 2008

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year

We spent Christmas on our favorite island, Koh Tao. Of course we were with out our camera when we were at the prettiest part of the island where we were looking down on a lagoon that was clear light blue mixed with turquoise where the coral stood. We also were with out camera when we saw a giant Gecko (I can never remember the name of it) that was purple and green. It was the size of an iguana and so cool. We did manage to get a lot of great pics though. There is never enough time on Koh Tao but we took a fishing trip and relaxed and got to see more of the island than we had the first time. I'm ready to go back!
That's me rafting






I only looked at this dog and it followed me for two days and slept outside our room all night.





I'm pretty sure that rafting in the open water just bumped me up to number one rafter in the Iberri family.

Fishing Trip

This was a HUGE orange Jellyfish we saw during our fishing trip, it was so BIG. This is also a better representation of the color of the water on Koh Tao.





Movin on to Khao Sok!
Looks like Andy and I skipped a few steps...

Our first night in Khao Sok

The next night we stayed on these floating raft houses on this gorgeous lake.





On the lake we could swim, kayak, and relax with the beautiful jungle surrounding us. In the mornings we woke to monkeys and got to see them in the trees!



We took bamboo rafts to "Coral Cave," named for obvious reason.

Elephant Trekking. Andy got to ride on the head. Yes, we were both frightened, this was the biggest elephant we have seen!





Where we stayed our last night


Back to Bangkok for New Years!

4 comments:

Danni and Tommy said...

AMAZING pictures! Amazing Thailand! But, let's just be real, rafting is NOT an international sport...yet. Until we again compete, on domestic waters, I will remain supreme ruler of rafting. Besides, if you want to open the competition to oceans we might as well let the river losers in on this too. Additionally, you have what? one day? two days? under your belt? It takes long term dedication to reach my ability level. It's like comparing Hillary to Obama. Oh, no...I shouldn't get all political during "comment" time. It's just that I am passionate rafter.

susan said...

Gorgeous pictures! The scenery, the experiences, and the memories will last a lifetime!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I have been checking your website daily - so glad to finally be in touch again! I love the pictures. I am already campaigning to come back and catch what we missed (and see you both again, of course!).

Happy New Year - miss you -

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing! Though the more pictures of spiders you put on your blog the less of a chance I’ll make an appearance over there! =)

Oh and I got the pashmina too - THANK YOU!! Love you and miss you!