
The Bridge over River Kwai
All I know is it was a book and then a movie and has to do with WWII. Japanese built it (with Thai labor) we bombed it, then they rebuilt it. I'm not sure, but there might be more to the story.
I wasn't sure if smiling was appropriate.
Excuse me ma'am, a train is coming.

The Tiger Temple

The story goes that baby cubs were rescued by the Temple where monks took care of them, made them healthy, and basically domesticated them. Since, other animals have been rescued and dwell in the temple. The temple is in the progress of raising money and building a bigger roaming area where the tigers can live before being released back into the wild. If all that is true (which I optimistically hope and believe it is) then that's great. However, other teachers that have gone have said the tigers seem drugged. I like to think that they are cats and sleep a lot and they have visitors in the middle of the day when they are the calmest. Anyway, I'm sure there is much to disagree with but we had to visit because let's be honest, THIS WOULD NEVER FLY IN AMERICA! And we decided that never again will we ever do something so stupid.










He lives here too...food for the tigers???

Ron and his "date." Perhaps the best part of the Tiger Temple was watching her pose with each tiger. There was a lot of face framing. Here she holds the soda to her mouth with a smile. In manipulative Thai fashion, she "forgot" her bag in order to have to go back to get it to conveniently miss the bus. She wanted to go to Pattaya this weekend. Ron told her he wasn't going back for the bag, but then ended up having to buy her new clothes and shoes the whole weekend. I may never understand the manipulative Thai women or their appeal to Western men. OBVIOUSLY they are not all like this, just the young ones my friends "date."
1 comment:
Awesome pics and great stories! Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment