
(notice my cute little Gucci bag in the corner?)
On Saturday night we went to "Quiz Night" with the St. Pat's Society and struggled with mostly European questions. However, I pulled our team through when we were handed two plates of fruits, vegetables and spices. I was so proud I wanted to call my mom and tell her I could identify many of the items. Some of these items included Anise, Baby Red Basil, Dill, and three types of mushrooms. My new found love for cooking paid off! I wasn't very good at any other catergories which included sports. One question being "what sport do players defend different size goals?" We agreed on Water Polo and were correct. Did you know this? The goal in the shallow end is smaller to make up for the difficulty of defending the goal in the deep end. Jalal's wife Carrie looked at 15 movie posters and identified all of them! I wasn't even good at that one! Give me pictures of reality stars and then were talking. How proud am I of that? Minimally. I was hoping this quiz would be similar to my England Quiz experience, but it wasn't. In England you sit in a pub that looks like an antique house and the bartender walks around asking questions. Maybe the Irish do it differently. This was more intense having tables with numbers, people wanting to cheat, and team names (we were the llamads which is Welsh for Lions. It is pronounced with a coughing up sound for the double ll and then follows phonetically). Anyway, it was a lot of fun and such a good party idea! We were not very good overall as we did not have any Thaïs on our team. We consisted of 4 Americans, one Irish and one Welsh. Cat, my Welsh friend comes from the city with the longest name in the world. No really, she does. The first day of orientation we had to say some fact about ourselves and this was hers. And then she said it, in Welsh. It is truly amazing that you can make a word with seventy two syllables with out using any vowels. (I'm making that up, it might have been 71 syllables.) Andy and I are faithful members (although we have yet to pay dues) of the St. Pat's Society. We are even attending a ball in March. We love them Irish folk! And we figure between the both of us we make up AT LEAST half an Irish.
No comments:
Post a Comment