Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand participated in the games with Thailand's first ever (and frantically put together) ladies team! The ladies surprised the other teams (meaning we didn't suck) and even beat Malaysia's second string team (by A LOT). The boys went 2for 2 and since they didn't have a full team had a few players from Vietnam and Cambodia join them. It was a very fun weekend and I scored a couple goals and Andy prevented more than a couple. One goal was apparently the best goal anyone has ever made, ever. The goalie said. "I've seen Beckham do that on T.V." and when I came off the field some of the male players told me it was incredible. I guess I was on the right side of the goal, like even with it, and shot it in to the upper left hand corner where the goalie didn't stand a chance. I, of course meant to do this and Andy's strict after practice-practice paid off. We may not have won any real games, but we looked
really good. I mean, like the best uniforms ever. Who do you think chose them? Seriously though, everyone we played complimented our uniforms and wanted to buy them. Which is good because we can sell them at the big games we host. We are also going to get tour dresses instead of tour tops (not my idea but you'd think that was all me). We may not play well, but we will look like we do. That will make the other teams intimidated right? At least before we step onto the field! Ok, we're not that bad. AND two of our players had never even touched a ball or been told how to play until hours before our first game. We could have been a lot worse. The good news is that we have 6 returning players and a real live Irish girl joining us. We know she has to be good because she looked
US up when she decided to move to Bangkok. That means she knows how to play, and well,
MUST be good. Poor thing will be sadly disappointed with out "Thai National Team" (meaning we are the only team in Thailand). Maybe she can teach the rest of us how to play!
The Irish Ambassador of Thailand and Malaysia (same person) invited us over to his home for food and drinks.

The ThaiGAA's














I almost forgot to mention my food poisoning. After research I found out it was from the Saturday night awards ceremony dinner at a nice hotel. 9 people that I know of from Singapore, Malaysia, and Thailand got sick. So why me and not Andy? Well, we generally do not choose to eat the same things. And seeing as there was SO much meat and potatoes at the buffet, there was no chance he was touching the Tofu and Bok Choy. Which I'm assuming many men avoided. It hit us all in the middle of the night Sunday/Monday. So since it was a holiday long weekend AND a Monday, and we are not allowed to be sick on either, I puked three times before getting into the cab to work. And then a couple more times in the cab on the way with Cat and Preya loving me. After struggling through teaching math I went to my principal's office and burst into tears exclaiming I needed to go to the hospital. And it worked. So, I spent the night in the hospital and received 3 liters of fluids through an IV and lots of meds. It's Wednesday and I'm tons better, but still not quite right. Lunch was the first time I was hungry so I ate willingly, but the aftermath is still not normal. Regardless of the outcome, KL was really fun and I gained a whole new like for the city (if you remember before it was my least favorite city in the world). I still however would not recommend you go there, go to Bali instead.
5 comments:
Can I be your cheerleader? Ok, so I would be a terrible cheerleader...yell leader? Ok, here's the position/responsibilities I want:
1. to supply beverages
2. to organize and lead crowd chants/cheers
3. to write all original chants/cheers to be performed
What's that position called? ...and can I be it? Can I recruit Bryan to help?
I'll take the crickets as a "no."
Obviously, your loss.
You wouldn't be our yell leader you would be a PLAYER. Quit your job and play with me. Judah can start the kids team.
I do forget to exercise :)
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
Post a Comment