Thursday, August 30, 2007

Chinese in Thailand?

I've decided to study Mandarin instead of Thai. Well, not really but I am going to the Pre-K Mandarin class everyday and learning a lot. I'm even learning to write characters and what sound they make! I think my school makes me take Thai anyway, and Andy and I want to take it together, so hopefully I will learn Thai eventually. I can't believe how much I have larned from going a total of 5 days! You would be amazed. I can even play rock paper scissors in Chinese. Plus I get to hang out with 4 year olds and that's ALWAYS funny, because I don't have to teach them nor be with them all day. Side note: Did you know that 3 is the same in Thai, Mandarin, and Cantonese? Yup, it's true. "Hold your horses," you say, "Where did Cantonese come from?" Well, when I was in junior high my dad played a Cantonese tape over and over in the car on my way to softball tournaments. I can count to 99 in Cantonese. Now ask my dad if he remembers one thing from that tape.

4 comments:

susan said...

Dad remembers up to five!
He said he made you tri-lingual. (English, Spanish, Cantonese)
love,
mom (He didn't realize he had such a big unfluence)

McEntee Madness said...

I'm impressed with Dad! Does he ever read my blog?

susan said...

We read it together. We had thunder last night. Penny AND Jasper slept in our room, with us. They were sooo scared.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I just had a flashback of you and your dad counting in Cantonese!! hahaha