Thursday, August 9, 2007

We have a home!

Almost...

And not just any home, the home we (nicole) fell in love with weeks ago. As fate would have it, the other couple didn't sign last minute. We got the price lowered, a new vent inside for the oven (that's right! An oven!!!!) and a new bed. The pictures don't show the upstairs as we were not the photographer, but we will be sure to add them later. We're hoping to move in this weekend because Nicole starts work Tues, and wants to be close to the bus pick up. If not, plenty of her co-workers have offered their places so that she doesn't have to wake up at 4am her first week of teaching.

Oh we love the green!

You can't tell here, but on the wall there is a beautiful Thai wood carving, so cool!



The chairs and couch are new and the owner is very proud of them so no luck getting a bigger couch. Minor detail. Did I tell you about the maid quarters? We have a washer too. And it is Penny approved, I think. Will you ask her if she likes it?

Our pretty little On Nut home.

MY school by the way is FABULOUS and the staff is awesome. Most have taught at international schools before all over the world, and everyone, of course, likes to travel and has quite a bit. The orientation for new teachers was so welcoming and fun. They planned optional dinners each night to show us cool places and get to know each other. Next weekend we are having a staff bonding weekend in Autthaya and Andy and I are very excited. He has been meeting the teachers and going to the dinners too. My principal has extremely high expectations for us but she knows what she is doing so it will probably benefit the school in the end. I'm going to have to work hard here but... I get PREP TIME!!!! WOW!!!! We have teachers for everything so I don't have to teach art, music, PE, and whatever else. Right now I am preping my room and on overload with new information about the school. I think I am really going to enjoy working here because their expectations are similar to Arcadia's but a little more demanding. Also there are many proffessional developement opportunities here. When I am done with my room I will post pics.

3 comments:

Danni and Tommy said...

WOW! Very neat house. I LOVE the green also.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your home is beautiful! We may have to extend our stay - I'll do the cooking!
It is so good to see where you'll be living. It is nothing like I imagined, so I'm sure Thailand is going to surprise us in many ways.

I loved talking to you both - and it looks like I'm set up on Skype.

We can hardly wait to see you - it's getting closer!

Love, mom

susan said...

I LOVE the GREEN! I am so happy for you guys! Thank you for the beautiful pictures of it. I feel at ease, now that you have a great place. I never dreamed it would be so lovely, either, Karen!

Love,

Mom